Monday, November 18, 2013

EXP2 Final


Cry Engine Video Trailer
http://youtu.be/fcOQqan_EvM

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lrw9wdwchqap3of/Nguyen_Sally_Arch1390_Assignment2.zip
















Afterthoughts
This experiment was very interesting indeed, with the destruction of buildings instead of building them. It was a very veyry tough assignment for me due program failure such as Ray fire not being workable for me. As an alternative I had used the Procutter tool that was found in the 3DSmax program. It was a more strenuous and tedious task that I absolutely hated, but it was the next best (and free) alternative to Rayfire. It was hard but in the end it came out successfully and as I wanted the buildings and concrete to crack.
The next problem I had with the assignment was the number of plugins we had to copy and paste into the different files and different programs. The photoshop method of making the spec, bump and diff maps was tedious at best, but the Crazy Bump app was most interesting for me. It was very very interesting as well as the fact that I could see the 2d texture I applied came alive and became 3d withing seconds. It was very very intresting to use
The final problem I had with the assignment was the grouping of materials and the location of the 3ds max exported object. It was very very annoying linking all the textures to the diff, spec and ddn files for each materilal for the exported object in cry engine. It was very very annoying and I am glad that it, in the end, was figured out and didnt show my first error of lost and glowing materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment