Monday, November 18, 2013

Week_03- Forensic Architecture






This lesson was very hands on for me, with the drawing exercise. It was a very interesting lesson, and I explored the properties of different materials in the Barcelona Pavilion as well as the many ways that each material could fail over time. The drawing exercise helped me to visualise what exactly in the structure would fail and or decay, and really helped with the visualisation process.


Progress shots and concerns





The problem I have faced in the modelling process would be the glowing textures. I have tried exporting the clean materials of the 3dsMax Barcelona Pavilion into the cry engine level, but it keeps glowing and I have yet to find a solution to it. I have applied bump and specular maps to the objects for good practice, albeit for the ones that actually appear. I plan to figure this out once I try Rayfire on my construction and geometry, but hopefully by the end I will be able to import the cry textures successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment