Monday, November 18, 2013

Week_04 and Week_05- Movie trailers and Direction

Trailers:
1) Inception
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66TuSJo4dZM
With Inception, I quite liked the use of dynamic music as well as actions shots employed in it. The scenes the trailer faded out to black to give the viewer an idea of the successive sequence of events straight after one another, and effectively engages the audience.

2) Perks of being a wallflower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rh7O4IDc0
 The pacing of this trailer, I really liked, with it starting off slowly and simply, then escalating into a dramatic an dynamic climax that engages the audience. The use of text to narrate parts of the story also gives it a story book feeling (being adapted from a novel, it seems fitting enough). I love the pacing in this as well as the change in atmosphere it brings to the viewer

3) Alice in Wonderland Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9POCgSRVvf0
The pacing of this trailer is very dynamic and changes all throughout the trailer to create a sense of urgency and grabs the attention of the audience very well. With the quick succession of scenes and music, it creates a high paced atmosphere



Problems:
Some problems I have encountered while modelling would be the Rayfire plugin. The plugin itself wont install properly on my computer, nor will int install on the lab computers. Because of the nature of the task there are also many cry engine plugins for all the programs, such as Photoshop and for 3ds max, and it is such a hassle to keep placing them in the lab computers. Having everything setup on my computer, I was set to have Rayfire work and install on my laptop- however, none of the plugins i downloaded for ray fire worked, which was very annoying, I have yet to find an alternative to Ray fire but I would prefer if I had ray fire to assist me.


Direction 
My direction for the assignment consists of cracking the concrete and making part of the roof fall down due to the weak steel beam underside of the main canopy of the Barcelona Pavilion. I am also considering making the pond area of the pavilion to have moss and vegetation growing on it due to the moist temperatures of the forest area that I have placed the building on.

The pavilion comprises of mainly concrete and marble, and I have been considering the way they creep and crack under heat as well as their weak tensile strength. Thus, many of the concrete walls will crack and fail under heat, gravity and dead weight. The glass will most definitely shatter and break, so it does not need to be considered that much in the scheme of things.

Moss will also grow on the marble and concrete, like vines crawling up the side of a building or something. The will add to the sense of age and decay of the building as well as illustrates the passing of time and the effects of nature taking over the man made structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment